Welcome
Welcome to golfrules

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

computer & internet

Use this section for any questions about board features, how to post pictures, how to select your board style etc..
Feel free to use this section to experiment with posting matters.
If you have any suggestions regarding board features, post them here.

Moderator: DC

computer & internet

Postby alimeina » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 am

How do you get an old computer Internet ready? I have a computer that's over 10 years old so it's not internet ready but does have early windows. Problem is, it also only has a floppy disc drive not CD drive. If I gave this computer to someone, how can they get it internet ready and will broadband software be able to be uploaded from a floppy drive?
alimeina

Your location: India

Re: computer & internet

Postby Johanna » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am

Alimeina, welcome to the forum.

I think the best answer I can give you is to ask someone locally to help you. In your country there seem many computer literate men and women, for when we have problems here in Europe, we often get one of your country folks on the telephone to help us sort the problem.

You say your computer is 10 years old. Have you thought about getting a new one? You'll be pleasantly surprized what improvements have been made the past ten years, and also how the prices for good computers have come down in that period.

Good luck.
Johanna Collinge
Johanna
Site Admin

Your location: Breda, the Netherlan

Re: computer & internet

Postby Doug » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Try calling these people
http://www.airtel.in/broadband
or call in at your local dealer
or try here
http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/1

A 10 year old PC should cope OK. Mine does.
Doug
Site Admin

Your location: UK

Return to Feedback & testing