Welcome
Welcome to golfrules

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

D. 4-4a/4

Use this forum to discuss hypos' and what meanings lie behind the rules. Owing to some unwanted visitors it is now necessary to register as a member to post any questions or answers you may have regarding the Rules of Golf.
once you have done that you will be able to post.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
We do not generally discuss H/cap questions but there is no harm in trying, someone on the forum may know the answer. For H/Cap questions WWW.handicapmaster.org is recommended.

Moderators: DC, Ron, Johanna

D. 4-4a/4

Postby regole » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi All

I need your help :?

In a Foursome competition, is it permissible for partners to put both sets of clubs in one golf bag under the conditions that we find in the decision.
According to you because the same thing is not allowed, for example, in a Four-Ball competition.
What is the logic behind this difference in treatment?

Thank you in advance for your input.
regole

Your location: Cagliari / Sardegna

Re: D. 4-4a/4

Postby Chippings » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Regole
Why do you think it is not allowable in four ball?
Chippings

Your location: Bristol

Postby regole » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Chippings wrote:Regole
Why do you think it is not allowable in four ball?

Hi Chippings and thanks for your answer .
I made it clear Ok clap
regole

Postby Chippings » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi Regole.

I think that we are probably getting mixed messages from each other.
Sorry if this is so?

Partners can share clubs rule 4-4 b. There is certainly no restriction in this regard as I am sure this rule would have mentioned any restrictions.

Players can share caddies which is even more surprising .

They can carry all the clubs on one golf cart whether motorised or not.

I realise that your question is not directly concerned with the above. But

I cannot point to any restriction which does not allow any kind of partnership to share a golf bag. As long as the clubs are clearly identifiable.
The heading for decision 4-4a/4 refers to partners and it may not be particularly relevant that the particular question involves just one particular category of golf which encompasses partners.
Sometimes it is dangerous to read some meaning into a decision which is not clearly stated.

It would have to be a very large bag and a very strong caddie to carry the two sets of clubs.

Pace of play would be slower if a caddie only had one bag having to walk to different locations but pace of play would be just as slow with two bags and one caddie.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Regards
Chippings

Your location: Bristol

Postby regole » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi Chipping
All clear, thanks. :D
I was the one that I went into confusion by reading the decision!

Regards
regole

Return to Rules of Golf discussions and meanings