Welcome
Welcome to golfrules

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Rule 7-2

Use this forum to discuss hypos' and what meanings lie behind the rules. Owing to some unwanted visitors it is now necessary to register as a member to post any questions or answers you may have regarding the Rules of Golf.
once you have done that you will be able to post.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
We do not generally discuss H/cap questions but there is no harm in trying, someone on the forum may know the answer. For H/Cap questions WWW.handicapmaster.org is recommended.

Moderators: Ron, Johanna, DC

Rule 7-2

Postby Divot » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:38 am

Good morning,
The exception to 7-2 says a player prior to resumption of play may (a) practice as provided in this rule, but (b) not on the competition course. "This rule" allows for putting on the last green played and chipping near the next tee. The last green and the next tee are on the competition course. I see a contradiction. Can the player putt on the last green played?

Divot
Divot

Re: Rule 7-2

Postby MikeH » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:16 am

There appears to be a severe lack of replies on this post :) and a very good question indeed Divot.

IMO - if a player who played earlier without suspension of play was able to practice putt on any last green played then a player whose round is interrupted with suspension should have equally the same right under the Rules to make a practice stroke on the last green played...........I welcome any logical opposed thinking.

I feel (b) in the exception simply refers to those areas not covered by 7-2 a. b. and c.

I'll go and take cover now :wink:
MikeH

Your location: Nelson, New Zealand

Re: Rule 7-2

Postby Doug » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 am

Exception clause (a) (ie actions in the substantive part of the rule) takes precedence over exception clause (b).
Doug
Site Admin

Return to Rules of Golf discussions and meanings