Welcome
Welcome to golfrules

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Two grip putters

Use this forum to discuss hypos' and what meanings lie behind the rules. Owing to some unwanted visitors it is now necessary to register as a member to post any questions or answers you may have regarding the Rules of Golf.
once you have done that you will be able to post.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
We do not generally discuss H/cap questions but there is no harm in trying, someone on the forum may know the answer. For H/Cap questions WWW.handicapmaster.org is recommended.

Moderators: DC, Ron, Johanna

Two grip putters

Postby MikeH » Mon May 09, 2016 7:50 pm

The need to re-grip my long putter and the fact that at this point in time I am unable to source any grips in NZ prompted me to refer to Grips in Appendix II, as it would appear I can get from the US or UK both a single long grip which would have a flat side [ non-circular cross section] or a two grip option. The two grip option must comply as follows: A putter may have two grips provided each is circular in cross-section, the axis of each coincides with the axis of the shaft, and they are separated by at least 1.5 inches [38.1mm]

This got me thinking......Why? what difference will it make if the two piece has a flat side like all other putters and why separate by at least 1.5 inches....if only an inch will my putting improve? however the same putter can have one long grip and a flat side and no need for a gap.........just trying to get to grips [pun intended] with the rationale behind this. Any thoughts???
MikeH

Your location: Nelson, New Zealand

Re: Two grip putters

Postby MikeH » Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 am

This may explain things a little, interestingly all the detail doesn't appear in the actual Appendix II of the Rule Book.

Hopefully the upload attachment works
Attachments
RoGBI2016Bookletv7 extract.pdf
(36.9 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
MikeH

Your location: Nelson, New Zealand

Re: Two grip putters

Postby Doug » Thu May 12, 2016 6:23 am

Interesting. Thanks.
Doug
Site Admin

Your location: UK